This is another installment in the Meet the Board series. Today, we feature our High School Outreach Director, Claire Emery. She will be PSWE’s secretary next year.
1. What is your favorite PSWE event?
I love our TEAMS events! Bringing the excitement of engineering to young students is very rewarding.
2. What are you most looking forward to in your new position?
I am most looking forward to getting the chance to help steer the direction of the PSWE chapter and to becoming more involved and connected with our members!
3. Why did you pick your major?
I like math, chemistry, and problem-solving – chemical engineering seemed like a great fit.
4. What is your favorite restaurant on campus?
I’ve been quoted saying “I’m always up for Potbelly” because of how frequently I say it.
5. What other organizations are you involved in on campus?
I spend most of my time on school and SWE, but I also am a member of Omega Chi Epsilon, the chemical engineering honors society, and I have sung in PMO choirs in the past.
6. What are you most looking forward to after the semester?
I am most looking forward to traveling over the summer. I am doing a Maymester study abroad to Ireland and will also be visiting Banff National Park in Alberta Canada.