Finals are quickly approaching… but don’t fear! You will survive and do great! Check out these great tips and links to resources to not just survive, but thrive, during finals week.
1. Find some music (or sounds) that help you concentrate, unless you prefer working in complete silence. Figure out what works best for you.
⇒Playlists to check out on Spotify: Brain Food, ESM (Electronic Study Music), Intense Studying, Deep Focus, Nature Noise, Your Favorite Coffeehouse, Coffeehouse Blend
2. Remember to eat. No seriously, write it down if you have to. Your brain requires fuel in order to work properly, so make sure you’re getting enough nutrients. However, don’t deny yourself a treat after an exam. You deserve it.
3. To caffeinate or not to caffeinate? Only you can answer that question. If you normally enjoy caffeine, go for it; otherwise, don’t let finals week be a chance to start. Do what’s best for you.
4. SLEEP. I repeat, SLEEP. Do not sacrifice healthy brain function for a little more studying. Resting your brain will help you more on your exam than that extra time spent cramming.
5. Find some motivation. Remember why you’re doing all this in the first place.
6. Take a break and have some fun with friends. Go bowling at the Union, see a movie, or just relax. It’s finals week, not the end of the world.
Good luck on your finals, SWEple! You’re going to do great!