I’m sure many of you have seen the viral video advertisement for GoldieBlox, a building game for young girls designed to get them interested in engineering and STEM. This holiday season, why not join their cause and support their mission to help young girls be inspired to enter a career field traditionally dominated by men? Here are a few ways you can help support GoldieBlox and learn more about the public’s response to their new toy…
1) VOTE! GoldieBlox is in a contest competing for a Super Bowl ad…and you can help them win this spot by voting every day at https://www.smallbusinessbiggame.com/CA/GoldieBlox/375943.
2) Spread the word! By liking their Facebook page, sharing their video, or just telling family and friends about this cool new toy.
3) Learn more! Check out GoldieBlox’s website or some of the following articles about the toy and its impact.
- Profile of Debra Sterling, CEO of GoldieBlox and Stanford engineer: “Debra Sterling’s Mission to Inspire the Next Generation of Female Engineers”
- A business report on a major success by GoldieBlox: “Toy to inspire girls to engineer hits Toys “R” Us”
- Viewpoints on gender-specific toys sparked by GoldieBlox’s viral success: “The War on Pink: GoldieBlox Toys Ignite Debate Over What’s Good For Girls”
- Check out the GoldieBlox Press List for even more articles!